Think about your day…..How are you coping with today and preparing for your best tomorrow? My name is Bridgette N. Sheppard, and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Intern under the supervision of Lori Vann M.A. LPC-S. Because Your Tomorrow MATTERS!
NOTICE: As of January 2019 I will be transitioning from Lori Vann’s office. All services as of 11/11/2018 will be short term goals focused.
Undergraduate: University of North Texas
- Major: Early Child Development and Family Studies
- Minor: Counseling
Graduate: Amberton University
Over the years I have explored various settings for helping teens and adults:
- Resident Assistant for Kerr Hall 2002-2004at UNT
- Employed with The Nelson Residential Treatment Center for latency and adolescent boys and girls that had been sexually abused.
- Communities In Schools as a Senior Case Worker, assigned to Jackie Mae, Townsell Elementary. I was also able to assist children and families during Hurricane Katrina with basic needs and transition.
- Alliance for Children, assisting with intake assessments, and group preparations for latency and adolescent girls, and served as the sibling facilitator.
- HealthNet/ Centene-Customer Service Supervisor, a behavioral health and chemical dependency insurance company. Educate customers on their behavioral health needs and insurance coverage for 11 years.
- Hope’s Door practicum counselor working with those currently in or surviving domestic violence, experiencing depression, grief, anxiety, and PTSD. I co lead a psychoeducational group for awareness of domestic violence trends
- Dallas Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) since 2014.
I have a history and a passion for working with teens and adults find their path to their better tomorrow. I believe as we go through life there are several experiences that can make us feel as if we are at a standstill and it feels impossible to move forward. My goal is to strive to work with clients to process through life encounters and work towards building and developing skills for a positive future. Using an eclectic style of therapy, tapping into various theories of therapy to cater to the need of the client, at my core of counseling I relate to techniques of Client Centered and Solution Focus Therapy. We will work together to construct the best plan for coping and change individualized to you.
Self exploration and/or improvement should not be a hassle. As an intern I am not listed under any insurance panels, BUT I am able to provide services at LOW cost!!!!
Sessions range between $35- $50 a session! (Price variation is based on session type: individual, couple, or family)
All payments will be paid to Lori Vann M.A. LPC Supervisor or Vann Counseling and Associates.
Please call 469-630-2116 or use the contact option below for your appointment time or any questions. Please note there is a 24 hour cancellation policy.